- High School Sports
- Lady Demons return host of seniors After taking its lumps last season, the Duncan Lady Demons are looking to parley some hard luck into quality wins.
- Bray-Doyle boys’ hoops mixing youth with experience There is a good mix of experience and youth on the Bray-Doyle Donkeys basketball team this season.
- Indians enter the season with high aspirations More basketball coaches are wanting to go up-tempo and Comanche head coach Kenny Weast is no exception.
- Bronchos enter season looking for backcourt help The Central High boys’ basketball team won’t win any ball-handling competitions this year.
- Comets look to replace all five starters Another playoff run in football coupled with the graduation of five starters from a 23-5 team has the Velma-Alma boys’ basketball team in rebuild-reload mode.
- Lady Outlaws return experienced cast Marlow girls’ head coach Kirk Harris knows his basketball team won’t have inexperience as an excuse this year.
Battling the injury bug
EMPIRE — Injuries were the buzzword for an Empire football team that finished the season 3-7.
Turning it up a notch
The Duncan wrestling team is starting to get their legs underneath them but still have a long way to go. How far to go? Well that is getting close to being answered.
Now it becomes real
The next stop for the Duncan Lady Demon basketball team is the regular season.
Waurika has growing pains
WALTERS — A 73-point loss is one that most coaches would like to forget. But Waurika head coach Roger Jessie is not just any coach. And he hopes his team follows his lead.
- More High School Sports Headlines