- High School Sports
Season tips off
OKLAHOMA CITY — At times, the Duncan Demons looked like a team that could play with anyone in the state. And at times it looked like a team that hadn’t known much success. It was the latter that did them in.
Duncan freshmen girls fall to Ardmore
The Duncan freshmen girls couldn’t overcome a slow start and dropped a 43-34 decision to Ardmore Monday night. The Lady Demons went into the half on the short end of a 22-10 score and couldn’t make up the deficit as they dropped to 1-2 on the season.
- Empire young, eager to learn EMPIRE — Looking at the state of the Empire wrestling program, first-year head coach Derrick Myers understands he has his work cut out for him.
Marlow wrestlers firing out of the gate
MARLOW — With a few weeks under their belt, the Marlow wrestling team is starting to see the hard work in practice pay off.
Area slate picks up
For the first time in nearly a month, a full slate of high school athletic activity will be available to sports fans. The Duncan, Marlow, Comanche and Velma-Alma basketball teams will start their seasons on Tuesday. On the wrestling front, Marlow will have its first dual on Tuesday, with Duncan and Comanche to join the fray on Thursday.
Duncan seniors find motivation in expectations
While Duncan seniors Caylin Lynch and Jennifer Smith has made their name in softball and soccer, they have taken to swimming like, well, like fish to water.
- Taking ownership Being soft-spoken has nothing to do with taking charge on the basketball court.
- Winter sports are here The chill in the air is bringing warmth to the high school athletic fan’s heart. Winter sports are here at last.
- DHS football banquet scheduled The Duncan High School football banquet will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Dec. 10 at the Duncan Middle School.
- Demons rolling into season opener For the first time this preseason, an opponent gave Duncan all it wanted. And the team responded in a good way.
- More High School Sports Headlines
- Season tips off OKLAHOMA CITY — At times, the Duncan Demons looked like a team that could play with anyone in the state. And at times it looked like a team that hadn’t known much success. It was the latter that did them in.