- High School Sports
Making a name
VELMA — Coming into the 2008 football season, Dillon Morgan had played a total of eight games at quarterback.
Jacob Dunlap, Athlete of the week
School: Comanche High School
- Headed off at the pass The Duncan Demon’s game against Star Spencer was a tale of two halves. And it was the worst half that decided the outcome.
- Comanche knocks out Waurika From the tone of head coach Channa Byerly voice, one might think her Comanche basketball team was the one that lost the game ...
- Velma-Alma sweeps, Walters and Empire girls roll The Velma-Alma basketball teams had character building exercises Friday night.
- Comanche runs Waurika out of gym If there was any question about the Comanche Indians’ athleticism coming into this season, all doubt was ...
- Star Spencer doubles up Lady Demons, 60-30 Speed is hard to simulate in practice, especially if it is the kind of speed that Star Spencer boasts.
- Marlow falls 71-50 to Elgin The Marlow Outlaws let one slip away to the Elgin Owls Friday night, losing 71-50 after being down just three points at halftime.
- Duncan freshman boys advance to Pauls Valley championship game The Duncan freshman boys’ team advanced to the finals of the Pauls Valley Tournament with a 44-31 win over Lindsay Thursday night.
V-A reloads in successful manner
Everyone should have a down season like the Velma-Alma Comet football team.
- More High School Sports Headlines
- Making a name VELMA — Coming into the 2008 football season, Dillon Morgan had played a total of eight games at quarterback.